Lauren Passionza has been charged with manslaughter for throwing an 87-year-old man in New York City.


A 26-year-old woman was charged Tuesday with first-degree homicide and two second-degree assault. Death of an 87-year-old grandmother Earlier this month in New York City, according to a criminal complaint.

The allegations stemmed from the death of Broadway voice coach Barbara Mayor Custer, who was pushed from behind by a woman as she stood outside her apartment in the Chelsea area of ​​Manhattan on the night of March 10, police said.

The accused woman, Lauren Pazienza, was arraigned Tuesday afternoon. Judge Michael Gaffey set Pazienza’s cash bail at $ 500,000. According to Naomi Pussello and Caitlin Foles, spokesmen for the Manhattan DA office, she did not enter the petition.

CNN has approached Passionza’s lawyer Arthur Idala for comment.

Passionza crossed the street around Chelsea’s Manhattan, calling Gustern “how hard did he push?” Prosecutors said. [Gustern] She may have been attacked occasionally in her life. The criminal complaint stated that there was “no apparent reason” for the alleged attack.

According to Associate District Attorney Justin McNabney, an eyewitness to the attack led Custer into the lobby of his apartment building. Emergency medical services rushed her to the hospital, where she later died on March 15 after being removed from life support, McNabney said.

The New York City Chief Medical Examiner’s Office determined that the cause of death was a blunt force blow to the head, according to the criminal complaint.

Gustern’s grandson, A.J. Gustern wrote, “We have lost one of the brightest little flames ever to adorn this world.” Facebook post Last week. “Bob, I love you. You will always be my heart.”

Surveillance footage emerged of Pazienza reportedly staying in the area for at least 20 minutes after the attack, McNabney said. He is thought to have survived an earlier attempt to oust him following Mr Guster’s arrival at Gustern’s apartment 13 minutes after the attack.

Prosecutors allege that Pazienza tried to avoid fear of attack. To avoid arrest, according to McNabney, although the wedding date was set for June, Passionza reportedly removed his social media and his wedding website.

He left New York City and went to his parents’ home in Long Island and stopped using his cell phone instead to keep it at his aunt’s house to avoid detection, McNabney said.

An anonymous tip revealed that Passionza was on Long Island with her parents, but when police arrived at their home, Passionza’s father said she was not at home, McNabney said.

Pazienza’s lawyer then called police and arranged for Pazienza to return to himself on Tuesday, after nearly two weeks without being arrested, McNabney said.

See also  Array

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.